We welcome back BROKEN STRINGS - an Americana good time band.
A musical cornucopia of guitars, ukes, accordion, mandolin, flute, harmonica, bass, percussion and vocals covering everything from The Band to Gershwin.
Following the untimely passing of one of her idols Tom Petty Emma Owen, co-organiser of The Summer Strum music festival was inspired to put together a Wilburys kind of group as a vehicle to promote the Summer Strum Ukulele Festival 2018 It comprised some of the folk that had supported and helped run the festival over the years. The band enjoyed playing the promos and had a blast so decided to carry on and develop the concept.
Playing a great mix of Country, Americana, Blues and popular Covers, Broken strings are a seven-piece multi instrumental band.
The band members are:
- On Guitar, Banjo, Slide, Ukulele and Vocals - Tom Baker.
- On Lead and Acoustic Guitar and Vocals - Gerry Frost.
- On Ukulele, Accordion, Vocals and harmonies - Pat Ross-Davies.
- On Bass Guitar and Vocals - Jules Tuson.
- On Ukulele, Harmonica and Vocals - Karl Parry.
- On Guitar, Ukulele, Vocals and Harmonies - Mal Redhead.
- On Drums, Cajon and Percussion - Ian Howie.
Although the band originator is not with them full time, Broken Strings are always pleased to have her join them on occasion so, on Ukulele, Flute, Whistles, Vocals and Harmonies- Emma Owen.