2 space left!
Learn how to develop and then print your own film black and white photography images.
The satisfaction and aesthetic beauty of a silver gelatin print cannot be beaten. Come and learn how to create some wonderful imagery, and finish the day with your own prints to frame and/or sell.
What to expect on the day:
- A class of up to two people only, of any skill level (from absolute beginners to those refreshing their memory);
- In the darkroom, lights are on all of the time! No complete darkness required (our red darkroom safelights make it easy to see at all times).
- a relaxed atmosphere where making mistakes is expected;
- all chemicals, equipment, film sleeves will be provided;
- a sense of pride at having used science to create art.
About Lightbox Darkroom
Established in 2017 and located in the West Kirby Arts Centre, Lightbox Darkroom is an open film photography darkroom available for hire and for learning.
Lightbox provides a darkroom service and learning environment to those who want to explore film photography beyond the camera. A longer term aim is for Lightbox to meaningfully contribute to the world of photography and art.